Exponential Training is committed to protecting your personal information. Read on for details regarding what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
1. Principles of Our Policy
- Private: We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies. Your data will not be supplied to anyone except as described in this privacy notice, unless we are obliged by law to disclose it.
- Secure: In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
2. What Personal Data Do We Hold?
The personal data we collect and receive about you depends on your interaction with us.
If you contact us by phone, we may record the details of the conversation in a written format stored on Infusionsoft (Customer Relationship Management system).
i. Website Visitors
When you visit our website, we receive information about you in two ways:
- Directly from you– This is usually your contact details and any other information you provide by filling in a form on the website (e.g. to register with Exponential Training & Assessment, request further information or download a resource). We use this information to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes.
ii. Students and Learners (on-line and off-line)
If you are a student or are taking part in a course, qualification or certification process, we will receive the following information about you from you or your employer:
- Title (e.g. Mr, Mrs, Miss etc …)
- First Name
- Photograph (optional)
- Gender (optional)
- E-mail address (personal/business)
- Postal Address (business/home)
- Start Date of Qualification/Course/Certification
- Assignments and correspondence.
We will use your personal data during your course and to give you access to learning resources and afterwards enabling you to benefit from the use of on-line and shared resources, Continuous Professional Development and news, tools and up-dates.
3. Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
Exponential Training shares your personal information with the following categories of recipient;
- Third party processors who host and process personal information on our behalf;
- Awarding Bodies such as the Chartered Management Institute as we are required to register the details of Active Learners with them to comply with qualification registration and moderation requirements.
4. Security and Safeguards
Exponential Training’s systems are located inside the EEA and are managed and maintained in accordance with the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials standard.
We transfer personal data to third party processors outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that Personal Data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Where processors are located outside the EEA either they are certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (where they are located in the USA) or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA.
5. Your Data Protection Rights
You can manage your Exponential Training communication preferences at by using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any non-essential emails you may receive from us or by emailing a member of the Exponential Training team.
You have the right to update and correct the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data or object to continued processing where it is excessive or no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
- Functional Cookies: The website will remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure and will track the pages you visit via Google Analytics.
- Targeting Cookies: The website will allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and allow you to share pages via Add This (if available)
- Contact us
Exponential Training is registered on the Information Commissioner’s register of data controllers, number Z7379432.
You can contact us by phone on 01455 845071 or by writing to:
Exponential Training & Assessment Limited
140 Charnwood Road
Leicestershire, LE9 8FU.
Contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our business.