Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme
The ELC scheme is designed for members of the Armed Forces, providing financial support for higher level training courses. Exponential Training is an ELCAS Approved Training Provider and therefore we are able to support individuals looking to access financial support under the ELC scheme.
Our ELCAS Approved Training Provider number is 6574.
Please note that whilst Exponential Training is an ELCAS Approved Training Provider, not all of our courses can be supported by the ELC scheme. ELC funding is only available for programmes that result in a Nationally Recognised Qualification at level three or above on the National Qualification and Credit Framework. Call a member of our team today on +44 (0)1455 845071 to discuss your specific requirements in more detail.
The ELC Process
- First you must register to become a Scheme Member and accrue a sufficient amount of service before you can submit a claim.
- Select a relevant course from our range of professional qualification programmes (level 3 or above). Feel free to contact us to discuss your options.
- Complete and submit an ELC claim, approved by an authorised Education Staff if you are in service or your Single Service Representative if you are out of service. For further details regarding claiming out of service, ex-service personnel should Ex-service Personnel.
- ELCAS will then check your eligibility for funding and if approved will send you a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN).
- Contact Exponential Training (ELCAS Approved Training Provider) to enrol and to make your personal deposit contribution (20%).
- Finally, upon completion of the programme, you must complete a Course Evaluation Form via the ELCAS website.
To claim Enhanced Learning Credits funding you are required to complete the required length of eligible service before completing the ELC claim form and prior to commencing the course of study for which ELC support is being claimed.
Before being eligible to make an ELC claim, individual scheme members must have completed not less than four years eligible service to claim at the lower tier of funding (up to £1,000 per claim instalment) and eight years service for the higher tier (up to £2,000 per claim instalment). Only service accumulated since 1 April 2000 may be counted as eligible service for the purposes of the ELC scheme.Army class
You are entitled to make three ELC claims in total, however you can only make one claim per financial year (1 April – 31 March) but can also claim up to ten years after leaving the services.
Claimants are required to pay a minimum of 20% of the course fee for each ELC claim and the MOD will fund the remainder up to the claimants tier limit.
Retrospective ELC claims are not permitted, claim forms must be received by ELCAS at least 15 clear working days prior to the course start date / registration date. You must ensure that you have enough time to receive the Claim Authorisation Note (CAN) to present to your chosen ELCAS Approved Training Provider before the course starts.
It is important that you do not set up a loan/credit agreement for the full amount under any circumstances.
Do not pay any money or book the course before you receive your Claim Authorisation Note (CAN).
For more information visit: http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.com/serving-personnel/claiming-elc-personnel
Take the Next Step
If you have any questions, require further information or if would like to enrol on this programme please feel free to call us on +44 (0)1455 845071.Contact Us