F4BG recognises the need not only to maintain the existing levels of Training and Education, but also to develop new skills and aptitudes required if Europe is to remain competitive in the market place and gain further opportunities.
The use of High Performance Work Practices, Wellness Practices and Business Growth Coaching represents an opportunity to engage the target group (SMEs) in a new and relevant, high quality, innovative work-based Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Project Aim & Target Groups
This project will create a European discussion about the Wellness Programmes and the exercise of High Performance Work Practices as a mechanism for improving SMEs performance. As a demonstrator project, Fit4BusinessGrowth will be presented as a ‘blueprint’ extending the use of the Fit for Business Growth Model throughout Europe. The project will impact directly on the skills and performance of participants resulting in the transfer of learning into the workplace. It will also contribute to the professional improvement of VET trainers and institutes engaged in the development and delivery of the project and result in a product relevant to labour market needs.
The objective of the project is to contribute to improving the performance potential and/or actual high growth SME through the development of the Fit for Business Growth Model. The specific target groups, associated need and their involvement in the project is as follows:
(1) SMEs: Small and medium sized enterprises identified as potential and/or high growth companies will be the end users and main beneficiaries of the project results. High-growth enterprises, are enterprises with average annualised growth in employees or in turnover greater than 20% a year, over a three-year period. The output of the project will help them to improve the effectiveness of projects within their business leading to improved productivity.
(2) VET centres: VET trainers and business coaches working with SMEs to develop skills and productivity will participate in a blended, transnational activity thereby upskilling them to support target group SMEs to exploit the benefits of using the Fit for Business Growth Model.
Lead by Exponential Training, the project team comprises partners from four different countries, including:
- Bordeaux University (France)
- BEST Institut für berufsbezogene Weiterbildung und Personaltraining GmbH (BEST) (Austria)
- Varna Economic Development Agency (VEDA) (Bulgaria)