Becoming a Chartered Manager
If you have completed or are working towards a Diploma qualification at Level 5 or Level 7, you will have the opportunity to become a Chartered Manager (CMgr). Being a Chartered Manager is recognition that you are a consistent high performer, that you are committed to current best practice and that you behave ethically.
Being a Chartered Manager is an independent endorsement of a manager’s ability to manage and lead and to make a positive impact upon organisational performance.
Chartered Manager (CMgr) Exemption Route:
- Management experience – minimum of 3 years
- Applied learning to deliver effective management practice within the last 18 months
- Commitment to CMI Code of Practice
- CPD plan for next 18 months
Chartered Manager Application:
Achieving Chartered Manager status through the Exemption Upgrade Route allows you to build on the knowledge and expertise you have demonstrated through completing your Chartered Management Diploma at Level 5 or Level 7.
Exponential Training is an Approved Chartered Manager Centre and will guide and support you through the three step process:
Step One: Complete an application form to confirm your management experience and reflect on the applied learning you have gained through completing your qualification, the improvement in your management practice and the positive contribution you have made to the performance of your organisation.
Step Two: Submit your application to Exponential Training who will provide you with detailed and constructive feedback and, if necessary, will make suggestions as to how the content can be enhanced.
Step Three: Exponential Training will endorse your application and then submit it to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) for validation on your behalf. CMI will subsequently confirm with you directly your Chartered Manager Status and level of membership (Member or Fellow).
Becoming Chartered in the field of management and leadership demonstrates the ultimate in managerial competence and proves that you possess transferable managerial skills to the world.
You’ll also be joining a group of professionals who:
- Add value – delivering up to £362,000 in added value to an organisation
- Get results – using best-practice managerial skills to lead people and manage change
- Innovate – creating new product, service or market developments
- Exceed targets – meeting or beating performance indicators
- Deliver improvements – initiating significant savings or performance improvements with new ways of working
- Work more confidently – applying skills and increased self-awareness for better outcomes
Why Chartered Managers are Good for Business
Chartered Manager (CMgr) is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, it's recognised and valued across all sectors. Chartered Managers' satisfaction with the accreditation is remarkably high - giving a net promoter score of +67 (CMI, March 2015).
Mapping Management Excellence [Infographic]
Take the Next Step
The Chartered Manager is about impact and results and of course recognition. If you or your management team is interested in being recognised as a Chartered Manager (CMgr) then contact us today.